Friday 15 February 2013

Looking Back...

I doubt I'm the only illustrator to hoard sketches. It's a bad habit. I feel like I'm constantly wading through paper. But it's hard to throw away those first scribbled ideas. Here are a few pics that might be of interest. First, the storyboard... this changed quite a bit before we settled on the final layouts but this was the first version.
And next, the end papers. End papers are always such a pleasure to produce, and I've added as many stinky, squelchy details as possible.

 
Finally, a few poses. Ideas for the title page.



1 comment:

  1. I purchased this book yesterday at Barnes and Noble. I LOVE it! The illustrations and text are perfect together. It is so funny, but with a fairly serious theme. Whoever thought a monster could be so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete